How does the club call for volunteers?
We’ll put a call out for volunteers at our club sign-on days or through our closed Facebook group as required.
For some activities (e.g. timekeeping for club nights) we will put a call out over the loud-speaker on the night.
What does the club need help with?
Club night duties (e.g. set up and pack up, timekeeping, marshalling, canteen duties, arranging meals & manning the BBQ)
Carnival duties and end of year celebrations (e.g. set up, pack up, issuing ribbons or trophies).
What’s involved in arranging meals for club nights?
We try to ensure meals are available for purchase for every club night but this service is heavily dependent on volunteers. The wobbies committee will call for volunteers and draw up a roster at the beginning of each term.
We also welcome donated home-baked goods for the canteen to sell on club nights.
Here are some tips for volunteers arranging meals:
- We have a few people rostered on to arrange meals and operate the canteen on any given club night. It can take a bit of coordination between volunteers so it’s easiest to team up with people you know if you can.
- You decide what to serve – Prepared food can be brought from home, or you can arrange catering e.g. pizza/ sushi and remember we always have the BBQ on.
- Not sure how many meals you’ll need to supply? Our tuckshop coordinator can help.
- Any outlay involved in arranging meals is reimbursed by the club.
- Profits from meals form part of the club’s fund-raising efforts.
Do I have to volunteer?
Volunteering regularly is not compulsory but the club can’t operate when we are short of volunteers. We ask that if you are rostered on for a role and are unable to assist, please arrange to swap with another family or contact the committee directly.